Field beans / Hyacinth beans are known as Vaisambal in Konkani language. Vaisambal Sukke is stir fried field beans made in Konkani style with spices and coconut. It goes well as a side dish.
- Category: Konkani Recipes, Stir Fry Recipes, Vegetable Recipes
- 2 cups Vaisambal / field beans, cleaned and cut into pieces
- Salt, as per taste
- 1 cup Fresh Coconut, grated
- 3 dry red chillies
- 1/3 teaspoon Turmeric powder / Halad
- 1 teaspoon Kokum, soaked in water
- 1 teaspoon Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Urad dal
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- Grind coconut, dry red chillies, turmeric powder and kokum to coarse paste. Keep aside.
- Heat Oil. Splutter urad seeds, mustard seeds. Saute.
- Add chopped Vaisambal pieces and salt. Mix well.
- Cover and cook till Vaisambal beans are cooked.
- Add coconut paste and mix well till beans are coated with paste.
- Serve Vaisambal Sukke along with chapati.