Okra cooked in mustard sauce
- 250 grams bhendi / okra, halved
- 1 tablespoon yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons coconut, grated
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/4 teaspoon nigella seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon mustard seed, soaked
- 1/2 tablespoon poppy seeds, soaked
- 4 green chillies
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Sugar as per taste
- Salt as per taste
- Grind mustard, poppy seeds, coconut, chillies, yogurt, water and salt to smooth paste.
- Heat oil. Stir fry okra with salt and turmeric. Cover and cook till okra is slightly cooked. Keep aside.
- Heat oil. Splutter nigella seeds, roast mustard paste. Add fried okra, turmeric and salt if required. Cook covered with little water if required.
- Adjust taste with salt and sugar.
- Serve Shorshe Dharosh hot with rice.