Tchoek Vangun hachi
Sun dried eggplant cooked in tart curry
- Category: Dinner Recipes, Kashmiri Recipes, Lunch Recipes, Stir Fry Recipes
- 50 grams sun dried eggplant pieces
- Tamarind, lemon sized ball soaked in warm water
- 3 tablespoons mustard oil
- 1 pinch hing
- 2 teaspoons chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon sonth / dry ginger powder
- 1 tablespoon saunf / fennel powder
- Boil eggplant slices for 10 minutes. Drain completely and keep aside.
- Extract tamarind pulp and keep aside.
- Heat oil. Stir fry eggplant slices along with hing for 5 minutes.
- Add spice powders and roast. Adjust taste with salt and tamarind. Add little water and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve Tchoek Vangun hachi hot with rice.