Simple tomato chutney with five spices mix from Odisha
- 4 tomatoes, medium sized and chopped
- 1 ginger, inch long piece, grated
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 green chillies, chopped
- 1 teaspoon punch-phoran (5 spices)
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Heat oil. Splutter panch phoran. Fry onion, chillies and ginger till onions are translucent.
- Add tomato and 1/3 cup water. Add turmeric powder, salt and sugar. Mix and cook till tomatoes are soft.
- Serve Tomato khatta as dip.