Chickpea flour pearls soaked in sugar syrup wrapped in balls with nuts and raisins made commonly in Andhra Pradesh during Ugadhi.
- Category: Andhra Recipes, Dessert Recipes
- 1/2 teaspoon oil
- 1 cup Besan / Chick pea flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cardamom
- 3 tablespoons Cashews, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons Raisins
- Oil roast cashews and raisins. Keep aside.
- Make sugar syurp by heating sugar in boiling water. One string consistency expected.
- Make flowing besan batter by mixing it with water.
- Heat oil. Pour chickpea batter through round holed ladle such that round boondi falls in hot oil. Fry till light golden.
- Drain boondi and dip in sugar syrup.
- Mix cardaomon, roasted cashew and raisins to sugar coated boondi. Roll with hand to make lemon sized balls.
- Store boondi laddoo in air tight container.