Dropeh (pronounced as Ropay) is local porridge recipe made by Mishmi people in Arunachal Pradesh. The Mishmi or Deng are ethnic group of people in Central and north east Arunachal Pradesh. Dropeh is simple recipe made from rice, millet and buckwheat.
- 1 cup Buckwheat flour
- 2 cups rice, washed
- 1 cup millet powder
- Heat 1.5 liters of water.
- Add rice. Cover and cook till rice is soft.
- Mix millet and buckwheat flour thorughly.
- Add the flour mixture to rice mix when rice grain is soft.
- Mix well white heating.
- Cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Place a spoonful of Dropeh and serve with tomato chutney.