A savory cilantro cake, steamed inside and crispy outside
- Category: Maharashtrian Recipes, Snacks Recipes
- 2 cups cilantro leaves, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon rice flour
- 1/4 cup mixed flours
- 1 cup chickpea flour/besan
- 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- 4 green chillies, minced fine
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 pinch asafoetida
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Oil for frying
- Except oil, mix all ingredient and using water make thick batter.
- Spread batter in flat greased vessel and steam for 30 minutes till dough is cooked.
- Cut steamed flour into pieces.
- Pan fry pieces / vadis in oil till outer sides are crispy and golden.
- Serve Kothimbir Vadi with ketchup or tomato chutney.