Spicy lentil based gravy
- Category: Curry Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Lunch Recipes, Tamil Recipes
- 2 tablespoons vatral kozambu powder (ground and roasted chana dal, toor dal and urad dal in equal quantity)
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1 small onion
- 1 teaspoon urad dal
- 1 teaspoon toor dal
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 4 fenugreek seeds
- 10 curry leaves
- pinch asofoietida
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon sambar masala
- 2 tablespoons tamarind pulp
- Heat oil. Splutter mustard seeds, toor dal, urad dal, fenugreek seeds and curry leaves. Heat till dal is golden.
- Fry sliced onion and saute till translucent.
- Add vatral kozambu powder, asafoetida, sambar masala, red chilli powder. Adjust taste with salt and tamarind.
- Add water and bring to boil. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve Vatral Kozhambu with rice