Poriyal is Tamil nadu style stir fry preparation with freshly grated coconut. Avarakkai Poriyal is an easy to make flat beans stir fry along with coconut.
- 1 cup fresh grated coconut
- 1 onion, chopped for paste
- 1 onion, chpoped finely
- 2 green chillies
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup Avarakkai / fresh broad beans, ends cut and chopped
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon urad dal
- 1 dry red chilly
- Curry leaves
- 1/3 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Grind coconut, a onion, green chillies, cumin seeds and garlic to coarse paste.
- Heat oil. Splutter mustard seeds, urad dal, red chillies and curry leaves.
- Add onion and saute till color changes.
- Add beans, turmeric powder, salt and coconut paste. Mix well.
- Sprinkle little water. Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Serve Avarakkai Poriyal as side dish.