Crunchy savoury snacks made from rice flour and dal
- 2 1/4 cups Rice flour, sieved
- 1/2 cup Channa dal (kadalai Paruppu)
- 1/2 cup Moong dal (Payatham Paruppu)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Asafoetida
- 2 teaspoons White sesame seeds
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- Salt - to taste
- Oil – for frying
- Dry roast dal till slight brown. Once cool, grind into smooth powder.
- Mix rice flour with dal powder in ratio 5:2. Add chilli powder, asafoetida, sesame seeds and butter. Knead with water into smooth dough.
- Using extruder (thenkuzhal achu) deep fry extruded dough into hot oil till golden brown.
- Store Mullu Thenkuzhal in airtight container.