Dry preparation of vegetables and grated turmeric in Gujarati style.
With winter comes problem of cold and cough. During same winter we get harvest of fresh turmeric is which is said to be good for coughs and colds. Why not make healthy Haldi nu shaak to counter winter problems. Learn how to make here.
- 250 grams raw turmeric / kachi haldi, grated
- 100 grams ginger, grated
- 3 onion, peeled, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 5 green chillies, chopped
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 2 teaspoons red chilli powder
- Salt as per taste
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- In a bowl, take yogurt, add spice powders and salt. Mix well.
- Heat ghee. Roast turmeric till slight golden. Take turmeric outside and keep aside.
- In same ghee, fry onion till translucent. Similarly take out onion and keep aside.
- In same ghee, roast ginger along with cumin seeds, garlic, green chillies, ginger and fennel seeds. Fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add yogurt mixture and little water. Bring to boil. Reduce flame and simmer till mixture is thick and ghee separates.
- Add turmeric and fried onion in the mixture. Mix well.
- Bring to boil. Add chopped tomato and fresh chopped coriander leaves to garnish.
- Serve hot haldi nu shaak with roti.