Rice based sweet dish made during Thiruvadharai celebration
- 2 cups Rice
- 2 tablespoons Ghee
- 1/4 cup Coconut, grated
- 2 1/2 cups Jaggery, grated
- 4 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cardamom powder
- 20 Cashew nuts (Chopped)
- Ghee roast rice till slight brown. Once cool, grind into powder.
- Make sugar jaggery syrup by heating sugar and jaggery in water. Bring to boil.
- Add ghee, grated coconut and rice powder. Mix well.
- Pressure cook mixture with water.
- Heat oil. Roast cashews. Transfer cooked rice. Sprinkle cardamom powder and ghee. Mix well.
- Serve Thiruvadharai Kali along with Ezhukari kuzhambu.