Spicy and tangy whole red lentil
- 1 cup whole Masoor dal, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 3 tablespoons Ghee
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Red chili powder
- 3 teaspoons Amchoor powder
- 1/4 teaspoon asafoetida
- Salt to taste
- Pressure cook dal. Once cooled, add turmeric powder, salt and amchoor. Mix well.
- Temper dal with hot ghee, fried golden garlic, hing and cumin seeds.
- Bring dal to boil. Add red chilli powder.
- Serve Masoor dal tadka hot with ghee and rice.