Tempered rice along with onion and spices
- 1 cup Basmati rice
- 1 Onion, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 Tomato chopped
- 1 teaspoon Jeera
- 2 Bay leaves
- 2 Green Cardamoms
- 1 small piece, Cinnamon
- 2 Cloves
- 1 pinch Turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chili powder
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- 1 tablespoon Ghee or Butter
- Wash and soak rice for 10 mins. Keep aside.
- Heat gheet. Fry jeera, bay leaves, green cardamom, cloves and cinnamom stick.
- Add chopped onion and cook till golden brown. Add tomato. Saute till 2-3 minutes.
- Add the soaked rice, turmeric, red chilies, salt and cook over a low flame. Stir well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add water and cook covered till 3/4 water is evaporated.
- Serve hot with raita or yogurt.