Sheemer Jhal or Shorshe shee is easy recipe of Sheem / broad beans cooked in mustard paste. Broad beans / Sheem are generally winter foods due to their availability.
- Category: Bengali Recipes, Curry Recipes
- 1 cup Sheem / broad beans
- 1 tablespoon Mustard seeds, soaked in water
- 3 green chillies
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Kalogira / black cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon Mustard Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Grind mustard seeds with green chillies. Keep aside.
- Heat oil. Splutter black cumin seeds.
- Add cut beans and stir fry.
- Add salt, turmeric powder. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add mustard paste. Add sugar. Mix gently.
- Serve Shorshe sheem with steamed rice.