Karalyachi / Karala Chutney is a flavorful Maharashtrian chutney made with thistle seeds or niger seeds. It goes well with rice or roti.
- Category: Chutney Recipes, Maharashtrian Recipes
- 1 cup thistle seeds / niger seeds
- 3/4 cup curry leaves
- 4 -5 dry red chillies
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon asafetida / hing
- Dry roast Karale seeds and sesame seeds separately on medium-low heat.
- Fry curry leaves and dry red chillies in a tsp of oil.
- Roast desiccated coconut and asafetida.
- Grind all the roasted ingredients, salt and peanuts to a fine powder.
- Store Karala chutney in an air tight container.