Sarson ka saag
Popular mustard green curry enjoyed with corn bread and butter
- Category: Curry Recipes, Punjabi Recipes, Vegetable Recipes
- 3 cups Mustard Greens (Sarson), chopped
- 1 cup Spinach, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Tomato puree
- 2 Onions - large, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Besan/ Chickpea flour
- 3 tablespoons Cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1 teaspoon Red Chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon Ginger paste
- 2 Green chilies
- 1/2 cup Paneer, grated
- Salt - to taste
- Pressure cook mustard greens with little water.
- Once cool grind along with spinach and besan.
- Prepare tempering by heating oil with onion, garlic, ginger, turmeric, red chilli powder and salt.
- Garnish with cottage cheese. Serve hot.
- Add tomato puree to tempering and cook for few minutes.
- Add green puree to mixture and bring to boil. Simmer for 10 minutes. Add garam masala powder.