Vatane Teppla Ambat
Vatane Teppla Ambat is spicy curry from Konkan region made using peas, coconut, local vegetables and flavoured with special spice – Teppal / Indian Sichuan pepper.
- 1 cup Green peas, fresh
- 2 potatoes, cubed
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 10 Teppel, soaked in water
- 4 pieces Kokum
- 1 cup fresh grated coconut
- 5 dry red chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- Soak teppal and kokum in water for about 10 minutes.
- Grind coconut and red chilies along with turmeric powder and little water to smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Boil water along with vegetables - peas, potatoes and tomatoes, till vegetables are amost done.
- Add ground masala and mix well.
- Add teppal and kokum and mix well. Adjust consistency with water and taste with salt.
- Bring to boil and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Add coconut oil and mix well.
- Serve Vatane Teppla Ambat with rice.