Stir fried spinach green with lentil dumplings
- 4 cups Palong shaak or Spinach leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Posto or poppy seeds
- Mustard Oil
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds or Rai
- 1 Whole dry red chilies
- 1 teaspoon Ginger slices
- 9 -10 Bori or lentil dumplings
- 8 -10 Peanuts
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- Red Chili Powder (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon Sugar
- Salt (to taste)
- Wash and chop spinach leaves. Keep aside.
- Fry bori or dal vadi in some mustard oil and keep aside.
- In same oil, fry peanuts and keep aside.
- Next in the hot mustard oil add in the sliced ginger, mustard seeds, the whole dry red chili and the poppy seeds. Cover with lid.
- Add in the sugar, turmeric powder, chili powder and some salt.
- Then mix in and stir on medium low heat for half a minute.
- Add in the chopped greeny good spinach leaves or palong shak and mix well.
- Stir fry for about 2 minutes till the leaves wilt. Then turn off the heat.
- Add fried bori and peanuts.
- Serve with rice and dal.