Cooked rice sauteed with grated raw mangoes, peanuts, coconut and spices
- 2 cups Cooked rice
- 1 cup Raw mangoes, grated
- 2 Green chilies, slit
- 1 tablespoon Peanuts
- 2 tablespoons Coconut, grated
- 1 pinch Asafetida / Hing
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger, paste
- 1 Dry red chili
- 5 Curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon Split Urad dal
- 1/2 teaspoon Chana dal / split bengal gram
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Oil
- Salt - to taste
- Pressure cook rice separately.
- Heat oil. Roast chana dal, peanuts and urad dal till lightly brown.
- Add mustard seeds, curry leaves, dry red chillies, green chilies and ginger. Saute.
- Add remaining spices, coconut and mangoes. Stir. cook till mango is tender.
- Add rice. Mix well.
- Serve Manga Sadam along with pickles and papadam.