Amita Khar is a traditional Assamese dish prepared with raw papayas, vegetables and lentils.
- Category: Assamese Recipes, Vegetable Recipes
- 1 medium size Raw Papaya, cut into cubes
- Cauliflower leaves & stems, Bottle Gourd Peels (Optional)
- 5 -6 pods Garlic
- 3 -4 Green chilly
- Mustard oil
- 1 pinch Baking soda
- 1/3 cup masoor dal
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add garlic and green chillies.
- Add papaya, masoor dal, baking soda, vegetables and salt. Mix well.
- Add water and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Add a tsp of mustard oil.
- Serve Amita Khar warm with Rice.