Paneer cooked in Kashmiri spices
- 1 pound paneer, cubed
- Salt to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Kashmiri chilli powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fennel seed powder / saunf powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon shahi zeera
- 1/4 teaspoon hing
- 1/2 teaspoon Kashmiri Garam masala
- 3 cloves, crushed slightly
- 2 green cardamom, slightly crushed
- 2 brown cardamoms
- Mustard oil
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric soaked in 2 cups hot water
- Shallow fry paneer pieces in oil. Place them in turmeric water.
- Heat tablespoon of oil. Splutter cumin seeds, add hing, cardamom and cloves. Saute.
- Add chilli powder along with little water. Add rest of spices except shahi zeera.
- Stir till water evaporates and red oil is left.
- Now add in the paneer along with the water and bring to boil. Simmer for 25-30 minutes until water is absorbed and oil separates.
- Add shahi zeera. Cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Serve Wozji Chaaman hot with rice.