Coastal Lentil soup made from bimbi fruits
- 1/2 cup toor dal
- 6 bimblies, sliced into thick rounds
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 2 green chillies
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 inch ginger chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Manglorean Bafat powder
- 3 teaspoons mustard oil
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 5 curry leaves
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves, chopped
- Pressure cook dal with excess water. Keep cooked dal aside.
- Boil dal water and add onion, ginger, garlic, chillies, sliced bimblies, cooked dal, chilli powder and salt. Simmer
- Heat oil. Splutter mustard seeds, garlic and curry leaves. Add tempering over dal along with bafat powder.
- Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve Daliso Saar / Bele Saar hot with rice.