Kankada Aloo Tarkari
Spine gourd is known as Kankada in Odisha. People in Odisha make curry using Kankada and potato – Kankada Aloo Tarkari. Learn how to make Kankada Aloo Tarkari in Odia way here.
- Category: Curry Recipes, Oriya Recipes, Vegetable Recipes
- 6 Kankada / Spine gourd, peeled and chopped in quarters
- 1 pototo, peeled and chopped
- 2 onion, chopped
- 1 piece ginger, half inch long
- 8 garlic cloves
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- Mustard oil
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- Grind ginger, garlic, tomoato and a onion to smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil. Fry and saute potatoes and kankada.
- Add salt, cover and cook till colour changes.
- Keep fried vegetabels aside.
- Heat oil. Fry cinnamon and onion. Saute till onions change colour.
- Add turmeric powder and red chilli powder.
- Add ground masala and salt. Cook till masala dries.
- Add 1/2 cup water, cover and cook.
- Add fried kankada and potatoes.
- Adjust taste with garam masala and salt.
- Adjust consitency with water. Cover and cook till all kankada and potatoes are cooked.
- Server Kankada Aloo tarkari with rice.