Karalen is a stir fry dish prepared with the buds of karalen/kachnar or Bauhinia variegate. It can be served with roti/chapati.
- Buds of kachnar/ Karalen (Bauhinia Variegata Linn)
- Mustard oil
- Coriander seeds
- Cumin seeds
- Red chilies
- Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Boil the buds of kachnar/ Karalen (Bauhinia Variegata Linn) for 10-15 minutes till they become soft.
- Heat mustard oil in a pan and add corander seeds, cumin seeds, red chilies, asafetida and turmeric powder. Heat till brown.
- Add boiled buds, salt and spices according to taste. Cook on slow fire for 5 minutes.
- Serve karalen with chapatti.