Baby Eggplants tempered in rich & creamy sauce of roasted Peanuts & Coconut
- 10 Baby Purple Brinjals / Eggplants, stem intact and + incision on base.
- 2 Onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Peanuts
- 1/4 cup dry coconut, grated
- 1/2 tablespoon Jaggery
- 1 teaspoon Amchur / Dry Mango Powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons White Sesame Seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon White Poppy Seeds
- 1 tablespoon Coriander Seeds
- 2 teaspoons Red Chilli Powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Oil
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Mustard Seeds
- Curry Leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon Asafoetida
- 1 teaspoon Methi / Fenugreek Seeds
- 2 Dry Red Chillies
- 1 tablespoon Ginger-Garlic Paste
- Oil roast onions, coriander seeds, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, coconut, peanuts. Grind together along with chilli powder, turmeric powder, jaggery and amchur. Add little water.
- Heat oil. Shallow fry eggplants till skin is crispy. Add water, cover and cook till tender.
- Heat oil. Splutter mustard seeds, cumin seeds, methi, dry red chillies, curry leaves and hing. Fry ginger garlic paste till oil separates.
- Fry peanut coconut paste. Cook covered for 2 minutes.
- Stir. Add water to adjust gravy consistency. Add salt. Bring to oil. Drop eggplants in gravy. Cook for 10 minutes till eggplants are coated and cooked.
- Serve Baghare Baingan hot with rice.