Hayagreeva Maddi / Bandhi
Hayagreeva Maddi is a sweet dessert prepared as an offering to Lord Hayagreeva during Hayagreeva jayanthi that falls on the Shravan month. It is a traditional dessert prepared with chana dal, jaggery, ghee and coconut.
- Category: Dessert Recipes, Tamil Recipes
- 1 cup Channa dal /Bengal gram dal
- 1 cup Crushed jaggery
- 4 Cardamom, powdered
- 1/2 cup Scraped coconut
- 1 ladle Ghee
- Pressure cook channa dal and keep aside.
- Dissolve jaggery in 1/4 cup of water and strain it.
- Heat a heavy bottomed pan, add the jaggery and allow it to boil.
- Add scraped coconut, cardamom powder and channa dal and mix well.
- Add ghee and sauté till thick.
- Serve delicious Hayagreeva Maddi.