Rajgira Nankhatai is a crunchy, sweet and delicious cookie made from rajgira flour, sugar and nuts. It is an ideal accompaniment to your evening tea and can also be had during fasts.
- Category: Gujarati Recipes, Maharashtrian Recipes, Snacks Recipes
- 1 1/2 cups rajgira/amaranth flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons ghee
- 5 tablespoons powdered almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 pinch Salt
- pistachios, chopped for garnishing
- Mix together ghee, cardamom powder, almond powder and sugar.
- Add the rajgira flour and a little water and knead the mixture to form a dough. Cover and refrigerate for 15min.
- Preheat the oven to 170-degree C for 10 minutes. Prepare baking tray using aluminum foil. Make small equal sized balls out of the dough and draw a cross on top with a knife.
- Place the balls on the baking tray and bake them for 15 minutes.
- Once baked, cool them and garnish with chopped pistachios. Enjoy rajgira nankhatai along with tea as snack.