Curd lentil curry with lentil dumplings
- Category: Curry Recipes, Gujarati Recipes, Soup Recipes
- 2 tablespoons Besan / gram flour
- 2 cups Curd/ Yogurt
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 cup moong daal, soaked for 3 hrs
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon jeera
- 4 curry leaves
- 2 red chillies
- pinch hing / asafoetida
- 1 pinch Baking Soda
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- salt to taste
- 4 green chilli
- Ginger piece, an inch long, chopped
- coriander leaves, chopped
- Drain soaked moong dal. Grind to smooth paste along with green chilli, ginger, salt, sugar, soda and 2 tsp oil. Keep aside.
- Whisk yogurt along with besan, sugar and salt.
- Heat ghee. Splutter mustard seeds, jeer, hing, red chillies, green chillies and ginger chopped. Pour yogurt mixture and stir. Add water and bring to boil.
- In boiling kadhi, dunk dumplings of moong paste. Simmer till dumplings are steamed, cooked and float.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve Dapka Kadhi with hot rice.