Simba Chadchadi is simple yet delicious dish made by stir frying flat beans / simba / sem with local Odia spices.
- 250 grams Simba / Flat bean, tender beans, de stringed and cut into pieces
- 2 dry red chillies
- 1 teaspoon mustard paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1/2 teaspoon panch phutana (5 spice mix)
- 1/3 cup gota muga/biri dali (de-husked)
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoons Oil
- In a pan, mix beans with mustard garlic paste, salt, and water (sufficient to cover beans).
- Cover and cook beans for 5-10 minutes till they are tender. Keep aside.
- Heat oil. Splutter panch phutana, red chillies. Saute.
- Add muga/biri dali. Stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add boiled simba / beans and stir fry for 2-4 minutes.
- Serve Simba chadchadi with rice.