Simba Bhaja is extremely simple way of enjoying Simba / broad beans in Odia kitchen. Simba Bhaja is made by stir frying simba / broad beans with seasonal vegetables like carrots and peas with minimal spices.
- 250 grams broad beans / Simba, destringed and ends removed, cut in desired size)
- 1 cup Seasonal vegetables (carrot, peas), in desired shapes
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chily powder
- Salt as per taste
- 2 Dry red chillies
- 2 teaspoons oil (mustard oil, preferred)
- Heat oil. Splutter dry red chillies, cumin and mustard seeds.
- Add simba and other vegetables. Stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, red chillies powder and salt. Mix well.
- Cover and cook for 5-10 minutes on low flame til simba and carrots are cooked.
- Serve Simba Bhaja hot with rice.