Coconut and yogurt gravy based mixed vegetable dish
- Category: Stir Fry Recipes, Tamil Recipes, Vegetable Recipes
- 1 1/4 cups White Pumpkin
- 1/4 cup Yam, chopped
- 2 Colocasia / Arbi
- 1 cup Chow-chow, chopped
- 1 Raw banana, chopped
- 1 Potato, medium cubed
- 1 Brinjal, large cubes
- 1 Drumstick, cut finger size
- 6 Beans, cut inch long
- 6 Cluster beans, cut inch long
- 1 1/2 cups Curd
- 1/2 teaspoon Rice flour
- 2 tablespoons Coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon Jeera / cumin seeds
- 5 Green chillies
- 1/2 cup Grated Coconut
- 1 carrot
- 1 pinch Turmeric Powder
- Curry leaves, few
- Grind coconut, green chillies, cumin seeds and rice flour to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Boil pumpkin, raw banana in salted water. Drain and keep aside.
- Pressure cook colocasia. Peel, cut and keep aside.
- Pressure cook remaining vegetables with salt and turmeric.
- Mix all vegetables, ground paste and curd well. Cook on medium flame. Add water if required.
- Temper with hot oil, fried curry leaves. Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve Avial with hot rice