Simple chickpea recipe made with manipuri herbs derived from Kelli Chana from Manipur
- 400 grams chana / dry chickpea, soaked overnight
- 50 grams mustard oil
- 1 tablespoon pounded thoiding / local sesame
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 2 onions, chopped
- 10 awa phadigom / corriander leaves
- 100 grams maroi napaakpi / chives, pounded
- 1 teaspoon red chilly powder
- 100 grams Garlic ginger paste
- salt to taste
- Green onions
- Pressure cook chickpeas with water. Drain and keep aside. Preserve water.
- Heat mustard oil. Fry onions till brown. Add tomatoes and little salt. Fry till it dries out.
- Add ginger garlic paste, maroi napaaki and fry. Add awa phadigom, red chilli powder and chickpeas. Pour preserved water. Simmer till all water evaporates.
- Garnish with cut chives, green onions and toningkhok. Sprinkle pounded thoiding.
- Serve Manipuri Fried Chana hot.