Hasi arishinada sajjige is variation of popular porridge made from semolina with flavors, colors and nourishment of raw turmeric. Raw turmeric are seasonal and popularly available post monsoon and winter.
- 1/4 cup Semolina / rava / sooji
- 3/4 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1 teaspoon Grated raw turmeric
- 1/4 cup Jaggery
- 2 teaspoons Ghee
- 5 -7 Cashew nuts
- 8 -10 rasins
- 1 pinch Cardamom powder
- In little ghee, roast cashew nuts and raisins for a minute. Keep aside.
- Soak raw turmeric / haldi in milk. Keep aside.
- Heat ghee in pan and roast rava till colour changes.
- Add water and stir well. Reduce flame, cover and cook.
- Add jaggery, turmeric along with milk and stir well.
- Add roasted nuts, raisins and cardamom powder. Mix well.
- Serve Hasi Arishinada sajjige hot.