Rice pudding from Kashmir
- 3/4 cup basmati rice, soaked for hour
- 8 cups whole milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cardamom Powder
- pinch saffron threads, crumbled
- 1/4 cup almonds, blanched and halved
- 1 tablespoon dry coconut and raisins
- Heat milk along with drained rice. Bing to boil. Keep stirring in between. Simmer till rice is cooked and completely disintegrated for about 40-45 minutes.
- Turn off heat. Add sugar, cardamom, saffron, almonds, coconut and rasins. Mix.
- Serve Kashmiri kheer chilled.