Papdi Lilva no pulav
Papdi lilva no pulav is simple spiced rice preparation using seasonal field beans. This is common dinner recipe during winters in Gujarati kitchen.
- Category: Gujarati Recipes, Rice Recipes
- 1 1/2 cups rice, washed
- 1 cup papdi lilva / fresh field beans, only beans
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 tablespoon green garlic / lilva lasan, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 cinnamon stick, inch long
- 2 cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon jeera / cumin seeds
- Cashew nuts, few
- Heat oil. Splutter cumin seeds, cinnamon stick, cashew nuts and cloves.
- Add papdi liva, green garlic and carrots. Stir fry.
- Add turmeric powder and salt.
- Add washed rice. Mix well.
- Add sufficient water and pressure cook all ingredients for 2 whistles.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve papdi lilva no pulav with curd.