A delicious Kerala dish made with ash gourd, buttermilk, coconut and spices.
- Category: Malayali Recipes, Vegetable Recipes
- 200 grams Kumbalanga / Ash gourd, peeled and cut into cubes
- 100 milliliters medium thick Curd, beaten to a smooth consistency
- 5 tablespoons grated Coconut
- 1 tablespoon raw rice, soaked it in water for an hour
- 1 Green chilli, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 small Green chilli, slit lengthwise
- Water as needed
- Salt to taste
- Grind coconut, raw rice, chopped green chilli, cumin seeds and 2 tbsp. water to a smooth paste.
- Cook ash gourd with salt, turmeric powder, slit green chili and a cup of water for 10 minutes.
- Add coconut paste and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Switch off the heat, add buttermilk and mix well.
- Serve Kumbalanga pulissery with rice.