Midhi Pavakkai Fry is a delicious dry dish made with baby bitter gourd. It is very nutritious and full of health benefits. This dish goes well with plain rice, curd rice or roti/chapati.
- 1/2 kilogram small bitter gourd / midhi pavakkai, washed & halved
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon Urad dhal
- 1/2 teaspoon Chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- Marinate baby bitter gourd with salt and turmeric powder for 10 minutes.
- In a kadai, heat oil and splutter mustard seeds and urad dhal.
- Add the bitter gourd and chilli powder and fry till it is cooked and crisp.