Lilva papdi or papdi vaal or field beans are common in markets during winters. Enjoy this spicy lilva papdi nu shaak – curry made in Gujarati way!
- 2 cups papdi lilva / field beans
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground nuts
- 1 tablespoon fresh coconut, grated
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lilva lasan / green garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 pinch soda / papad khaar
- 1 teaspoon ajwain seeds / carom seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- Grind groundnut, dry coconut, sesame seeds, coriander seeds, green garlic to coarse paste. Keep aside.
- Boil papadi lilva / beans in water along with soda.
- Cover and cook on medium flame till beans are cooked. Drain and keep cooked beans aside.
- Heat 3 tsp oil. Splutter ajwain seeds and roast till brown.
- Add hing and green chutney. Roast for 2 minutes.
- Add ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, coriander seed powder and garam masala. Mix well.
- Add cooked beans and roast for 2 mintues.
- Add water used for boiling beans. Add salt and mix well.
- Bring to boil and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve papdi lilva nu shaak along with hot roti.