Kankroler Pur Bhaja
Stuffed Teasel Gourd fritters
- Category: Bengali Recipes, Snacks Recipes
- 4 Kankrol, washed and cut lengthwise in two halves
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Nigella seeds
- 1 Green chilly, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Poppy seeds paste
- 1 tablespoon Mustard paste
- 1 teaspoon Oil
- salt as per taste
- 2 tablespoons rice for batter
- 2 tablespoons corn flour for batter
- Oil for deep frying
- Scrape seeds and flesh using spoon. Keep aside.
- Boil the remaining vegetable in water for 4-5 min. Drain and keep aside in cold water.
- Coarsely ground seeds and flesh of kankrols along with chillies.
- Heat oil. Fry nigella seeds and onion.
- Add kandrol ground mixture, poppy seeds paste. Roast till oil separates.
- Add mustard seed paste and roast till dry mixture is obtained.
- Allow the mixture to cool.
- Once cool, stuff mixture in boiled kankrol halves.
- Mix corn and rice flour with 3-4 tbsp water to make thick batter.
- Dunk the stuffed Kankrol in batter and deep fry till golden.
- Serve Kankroler Pur Bhaja as snack.