Raw plantain, yam and shallots stir fried with coconut and spices
- 1 cup Raw plantain, cubed
- 1/2 cup Yam, cubed
- 1/4 cup Shallots, sliced
- Few Curry Leaves
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Red chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon Tamarind pulp
- 1 teaspoon Oil
- Salt to taste
- Water as needed
- 1/4 cup Coconut
- 1 pinch Cumin
- Cook yam and raw plantain with salt, turmeric powder, green chilli and enough water.
- Add tamarind paste and mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add shallots, 1 tsp red chilli flakes and curry leaves. Sauté till brown.
- Add plantain and yam. Sauté well.
- Grind coconut with 2 shallots, 1/4 tsp mustard seeds, 1/4 tsp chilli flakes and cumin to a coarse paste.
- Add this paste to the curry and mix well.
- Add 1 tsp coconut oil and curry leaves at top.
- Serve Kaya chena kunjulli thoran hot with rice.