Lentils cooked along with fenugreek greens with peanut based spice mix
- 1 bunch Methi (fenugreek), chopped
- 1/2 cup Toor Daal
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 pinch hing
- 1/2 cup Peanuts
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 5 Green Chilies, chopped
- Salt per taste
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Pressure cook washed toor dal along with methi and cup of water for 15 minutes on medium heat.
- Dry roast peanuts, green chilies separately. Grind peanuts, garlic, chilies, coriander powder, garam masala to fine paste using very little water.
- Heat oil in a kadahi, crackle mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Add hing and turmeric powder. Add ground peanut masala and roast it on low heat till oil starts separating.
- Add cooked daal-methi. Add salt per taste. Let it boil for 4-5 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice or roti.