Shim Begun’er Chorchori
Shim Begun’er Chorchori is stir fried broad beans, eggplant and potatoes with dry spices. Taste of broad beans blends well eggplant and this is well enjoyed by people from Bengal.
- Category: Bengali Recipes, Stir Fry Recipes, Vegetable Recipes
- 5 eggplant,small variety, destemed and cubed
- 1 cup flat broad beans / sheem
- 1 potato, large sized, peeled and cubed
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon nigella seeds / kalonji seeds
- 1 tablespoon bhaaja moshla (spice mix of cumin seeds, fennel seeds and coriander seeds)
- 1 piece fresh ginger, inch long and finely grated
- 2 green chilies minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- Add turmeric powder and salt to cubed eggplant. Mix well and keep aside.
- Heat oil. Splutter kalonji seeds, green chillies, grated ginger, and hing.
- Add potato cubes, turmeric powder, bhaaja moshla and salt. Saute well for 2-3 minutes.
- Add sheem beans and eggplant. Mix well.
- Add 3/4 cup water. Cover and cook till veggies are cooked.
- Serve Shim Begun\'er Chorchori hot with roti.