Shim Begun’er Chorchori is stir fried broad beans, eggplant and potatoes with dry spices. Taste of broad beans blends well eggplant and this is well enjoyed by people from Bengal.
- 5 eggplant,small variety, destemed and cubed
- 1 cup flat broad beans / sheem
- 1 potato, large sized, peeled and cubed
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon nigella seeds / kalonji seeds
- 1 tablespoon bhaaja moshla (spice mix of cumin seeds, fennel seeds and coriander seeds)
- 1 piece fresh ginger, inch long and finely grated
- 2 green chilies minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- Add turmeric powder and salt to cubed eggplant. Mix well and keep aside.
- Heat oil. Splutter kalonji seeds, green chillies, grated ginger, and hing.
- Add potato cubes, turmeric powder, bhaaja moshla and salt. Saute well for 2-3 minutes.
- Add sheem beans and eggplant. Mix well.
- Add 3/4 cup water. Cover and cook till veggies are cooked.
- Serve Shim Begun\'er Chorchori hot with roti.