Tangy chutney made from sorrel leaves
- Category: Andhra Recipes, Chutney Recipes
- 6 cups Gongura leaves, washed chopped
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 4 tablespoons Sesame seed oil
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 6 Green chillies, oil fried
- 4 Red chillies, oil fried
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 pinch Asafoetida
- 1/2 teaspoon Fenugreek powder
- Salt as required
- Heat oil and add gongura leaves till they cook well.
- Grind along with asafoetida, turmeric powder, red chillies, green chillies and salt to a fine paste.
- Add temper made by spluttering mustard seeds in hot oil over the paste. Heat paste over medium flame until paste leaves sides of pan. Add fenugreek powder in last and mix well.