Spicy, tangy and sweet garlic curry
- 20 Garlic cloves
- 1 Tomato
- Tamarind – lemon sized ball
- 10 small onions
- Curry leaves – few
- 2 Red chillies
- 1 Green chilly
- 3 tablespoons Oil
- 1 teaspoon Urad dal
- 1/2 teaspoon Fenugreek seeds
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Red chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Grated Jaggery
- Salt – As needed
- Grind soaked tamarind along with tomato to smooth paste. Add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and 2 cups of water.
- Heat oil. Splutter mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, urad dal, green chillies, red chillies and curry leaves. Add onion and garlic cloves. Saute till slightly brown.
- Add tamarind puree, stir and bring to boil till gravy reduces to half.
- Adjust taste with salt and jaggery.
- Serve hot or refrigerate for consumption over next few days.