Raw mango curry traditionally served at Mangalorean weddings
- 1 Raw mango, medium size, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon Oil
- 2 Red chilies, deseeded
- 1 Green chilies, slit
- 1/2 teaspoon Urad dal
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon Jaggery
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Asafoetida
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- Boil raw mango pieces in 300 ml of water along with turmeric, green chillies and salt. Cook till mango is soft. Once cool, blend into fine paste.
- Add this paste to half liter of water. Mix well.
- Adjust taste with jaggery and sugar. Boil and then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil and splutter mustard seeds, urad dal, curry leaves and asafoetida. Pour hot mango rasam. Continue heating for few minutes.
- Serve warm with rice or as soup.