Paneer in a milky broth
- Category: Curry Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Kashmiri Recipes, Lunch Recipes, Paneer Recipes
- 200 grams Cottage cheese / paneer cubes
- 1 Potatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tejpatta / bay leaf
- 4 green chillies, slit
- 2 green cardamoms
- 1 clove
- 1 pinch hing
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala (optional)
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon sonth / ginger powder
- 1 tablespoon saunf / fennel powder
- salt to taste
- Roast paneer with little oil. Keep aside.
- Add turmeric in cup of water and heat. Keep roasted paneer in warm water.
- Heat oil. Fry potatoes. Keep aside.
- Add little oil and roast spices - bay leaves, cloves and cardamom. Roast hing and spice powders till fragrant.
- Add green chillies, potatoes and paneer with water. Simmer till potatoes are cooked. Add milk and simmer for some time.
- Serve Tchaman Kaliya with hot rice.