Gundruk ko achar
Pickle made from dried fermented green vegetables
- Category: Chutney Recipes, Pickle Recipes, Sikkim Recipes
- 1 bowl Gundruk, shredded and soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 Ginger, small pice
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Seeds
- 2 teaspoons Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Timur / Szechuan pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 5 teaspoons Dry red chili powder
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Oil, mustard
- Crush with mortar and pestle, coriander seeds, cumin seed, timur, turmeric powder, dry red chilies, garlic, and ginger along with little water to fine paste. Keep aside.
- Drain and squeeze gundruk. Coarsely mash to make soft.
- Mix well along with tomato, coriander leaves, green chilies, salt and oil.
- Serve gundruk ko achar as side dish along with daal bhaat tarkari.