Gundruk ko jhol
Soup made from dried fermented green vegetables
- Category: Sikkim Recipes, Soup Recipes, Vegetable Recipes
- 1 handful Gundruk
- 1/2 cup Soybeans, black
- 1 medium size Onion
- 3 clove Garlic
- 1 Ginger, small
- 3 Tomatoes, medium size
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 2 Green Chilies, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Fenugreek seed
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seed
- Fresh Coriander leaves
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Mustard Oil
- Oil roast soyabeans for 4-5 minutes till they crack. Keep aside.
- Sauté gundruk in little oil for 2 minutes. Keep aside.
- Heat oil. Splutter mustard seeds, fenugreek, onions, garlic and chillies till onions are light brown.
- Add chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder, salt, cumin and coriander powder. Add cup of water and cook till gravy consistency.
- Add 2-3 cups of water. Bring to boil. Add gundruk and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add soyabeans, lemon juice and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve Gundruk ko jhol along with rice.