Teppla or Indian Sichuan pepper is local spice in Konkan region. This recipe of Teppla Tambli is simple coconut milk beverage flavoured with local fresh sichuan pepper / jeev teppal and Kokum.
- 1 cup fresh grated coconut
- 4 green chillies
- 15 teppla berries, fresh / Jeev Teppal
- 4 pieces Kokum / Bhinda
- Salt as per taste
- Grind cocount and green chillies with little water to fine paste. Separate coconut milk.
- Add crushed teppla, kokum and salt in coconut milk. Mix well. Keep it for 10 minutes.
- Serve Teppla Tambli with main course.